Easter

06:57

So yesterday was Easter and to celebrate the season's festivities, I decided to bake some cookies. The first were called Almond & Raspberry Jam Drops. I kind of didn't follow the recipe instructions precisely because I thought the amount of butter that it asked for was horrendous. So my measurements were as follows:

45g of butter, softened (as opposed to 225g....appalling, I know)
1/3 cup of sugar
1 egg (even though, it asked for the egg yolk only)
a cup of plain white flour
a handful of almonds, toasted and chopped (if you're one of those people who likes to be precise, it asked for 55g of almonds)
2 tsp of almond extract
4 tbsp rasberry jam

You mix the butter and sugar in a bowl with a wooden spoon first; you then add the egg and integrate it in the mixture. You then add the almond extract and sift in the flour along with the chopped almonds. Mix everything together with your hands, and shape the dough into small balls. When spreading them onto the baking sheet make a hollow in the centre of each cookie and fill each hollow with raspberry jam. You finally, bake the cookies for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown at 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Voilà! You have made about 10 cookies (depending on the size of your balls). 



Also, mum was making some crochet decorations, and so I helped her to make one - the red one to be exact. 

The second cookies that I pushed myself to do were the Chocolate Chip; Cinnamon Cookies. These ones I thought were going to end up as a disaster, but they surprisingly were amazing too (if I do say so myself). The reason to which I thought they were going to end up terrible was because I added far more flour than intended; however, that was due to the fact that the mixture kept getting stuck in between my fingers with no hint of ever coming off. They were slightly harder than the raspberry ones though, yet still tasted lovely. They reminded me a bit of Hagrid's Rock Cakes, simply because I needed to use my molars to bite into them. 

But I'm still going to enlighten you with the recipe, so here it goes:

15g of butter (again it asked for 225g but I decided against that)
1/3 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 cup of plain white flour (that was before I added more)
a handful of chocolate chip cookies
for the coating
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon

For this you basically follow the same drill as the first cookies, but instead on making a hollow in the centre, you will expand the ball in your palm and then roll it in cinnamon mixture to coat. Bake for the same amount of time. Et voilà! Another set of cookies. 

This is just a picture of a slightly dirty Albus with all the different sized eggs. He was rolling around in the dirt and hadn't bothered to wash him. But he still looks adorable, doesn't he?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts